Nikon Must Have Received Lots Of D600's Back

BackdoorArts

I just got off the phone with Nikon service checking to see if there was any chance I would be seeing my D600 by the end of the week. The woman I spoke to said that there was a hold on the repair waiting for parts (i.e. the shutter mechanism) and that while "normally these are filled within 7-10 business days, I have no way of telling you if this is the case".

Ugh.

She told me she could put in an email request with service to get an estimate on when the part hold should be lifted, but that it would take 24-48 hours for her to hear back. I can't complain since I'm sitting here with a D800 to shoot with, but I have to believe that there's a stack of semi-new D600 owners that can't (or won't) be please to have to wait 2-3 weeks (or more?) to get their cameras back. I know I'd be pissed (right now I'm pissed, but putting it in perspective).

Just thought I'd pass the information on in case anyone else is in the same boat. I'll update this thread if and when I hear anything different. They received my camera on 3/11, so if the Estimate/Acknowledgement you received from them is dated on or after that date then I suspect you're in the same boat (mine went to the NY location).

Dave_W

The Dude
That sucks, I feel for you. Stuff like this makes me want to join the NPS (I think that's the abbreviation?) so that you'll get a loaner while your camera is being fixed. I guess for you this isn't a big deal since you've a D800 in hand but for someone with only 1 camera it would be a horrible.

BackdoorArts

I looked at the NPS but I'm not exactly sure I can get a current member to vouch that I am a "full-time pro". I'm sure I could get my brother to find someone, but I need to get my LLC paperwork and other stuff filed away before I even think about it. Like I said, with the D800 I'm not put out, but if I wound up with one with the left-focus issue... (though I could work around that one).