D800 prices $1299 ???

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Come on. When it looks too good to be true, it usually is a scam. Don't even look back, run, run, faster, faster. :)

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Come on. When it looks too good to be true, it usually is a scam. Don't even look back, run, run, faster, faster. :)

I agree with Marcel. There are some companies especially online who will try to attract bargain hunters so that they can get your credit card info. I've seen some even though they have been reported by the Better Business Bureau, all they simply do is change their company name. I would avoid these people if I were you.

STM

Complete scam. If something seems to good to be true, it most likely is. I ran into something like this when I got my D700. I ordered it and then got a "courtesy" phone call from the people to confirm my order. "Oh, that is the oversease price, the US price is ____________ ($1000 more). Then they start ringing up batteries, chargers and God only knows what else, which COMES WITH THE CAMERA, and suddenly $1500 equals $3300. I asked them if they knew what "bait and switch" was and if the knew that it was a 2nd degree felony, and if they did not cancel my order I was going to the FTC. Them they tried to hit me with a 20% restocking fee. These guys are total crooks.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/top-choice-digital-c103042.html

Caveat emptor

Last edited:
Complete scam. If something seems to good to be true, it most likely is. I ran into something like this when I got my D700. I ordered it and then got a "courtesy" phone call from the people to confirm my order. "Oh, that is the oversease price, the US price is ____________ ($1000 more). Then they start ringing up batteries, chargers and God only knows what else, which COMES WITH THE CAMERA, and suddenly $1500 equals $3300. I asked them if they knew what "bait and switch" was and if the knew that it was a 2nd degree felony, and if they did not cancel my order I was going to the FTC. Them they tried to hit me with a 20% restocking fee. These guys are total crooks.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/top-choice-digital-c103042.html

Caveat emptor

Google is our friend. I google reviews on every company I buy from online before I buy. There has been many deals that I have passed up because of multiple bad reviews. I also give good reviews to companies that give me good service. I have recommended Cameras for Sale | Buy a Digital Camera from Cameta Camera several times on the forum because they gave me a great price, great service and a great warranty. Same for Photography, Digital Cameras, Lenses, Electronics - 8PM Shipping - Adorama Camera and B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders they have treated me well over the years.

Epoc

Haha, some funny stuff on that site.

D60: $349
D300: $529
D7000 body only: $499
D7000 with 18-105 kit lens: $1319 bloody expensive kit lens!

If it walks like a duck.........

HSon

I wouldn't order aything from there!!! Most definately a scam. If you want to wait about two weeks I will be in that area and can pass by and take a picture of the supposed store front and post it here. Once a month I'm in that area

nikonpup

thanks for the feedback. It looked way to good to be true. You have given me some more tools to check when dealing with a online company. B & h gets most of my business, they cost less than my nearest dealer who is a 6 hr trip away + state taxes.

Bukitimah

How about asking them to send over the stuff and you will pay via PayPal including a USD 100 bonus after receiving the goods? Hahaha

HSon

I know I promised earlier in the year I would stop by but honestly I forgot. This is store front of the supposed store at 448 Avenue P in Brooklyn. Buyer BEWARE!!! You have been warned. I took this photo with my iphone using an app called photosynth which is why it looks like that. I snapped away quickly because the guy in the in the store was looking at me. image.jpg

Last edited:

Photowyzard

And, there are a healthy number of Reviews of people who got "SOLD" from this place.

Where are they getting their gear? I am sure NikonUSA would not deal with clowns like this.