Nikonites Point System

sam49

Hi can someone please explain the points system here on Nikonites forum please.

On checking my profile I see I have been awarded points for user points, and points for thread

So if I have not posted anything in a few days I still seem to get user points?

:confused:

nikonpup

we need an explanation of "nikonites -earn points". How do you determine how many points are given for a post or thread?

sam49

I would like to know just how the points work

IE what are points for Tag what do you tag and what for

I get user points, thread points, post points

I understand its is to reward people that are active on the forum and that's good.

But I am at a loss as to what's what

Last edited:
I would like to know just how the points work

IE what are points for Tag what do you tag and what for

I get

1. user points,
  2. thread points,
  3. post points

I understand its is to reward people that are active on the forum and that's good.

But I am at a loss as to what's what

BASIC TAGS

When formatting the posts, the vBulletin forum uses predefined "words" as guidance when displaying a post. These words are known as "tags". Most of these tags can make your post more easy to read and will thus aid you in getting the actual message of the post across. Further, it's a nice gesture, I'm sure you agree.

CHARACTER FORMATTING

Character tags are words placed inside square brackets, for instance [B] for bold, [I] for italics and [U] for underlining. All text between the opening and closing tags will be formatted.

ALIGNING TEXT

Text alignment is done with the [LEFT], [RIGHT] and [CENTER] tags.

This text:

Right side.​

was placed inside [RIGHT] tags, whereas this text:

Centered text.​

was placed inside [CENTER] tags.

Left side alignment is default alignment. If you do not specify an alignment, all text begins at the left side of the post.

INDENTED TEXT

The indent tag formats the entire text between the tags. If you write [INDENT]Indented text.[/INDENT], it will end up looking like this:
Indented text.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Don - that's actually not right, I have to fix that since someone at vBulletin forgot to change it.

Tags, in this case, are entered below the editor when making a new thread.

As the chart says posts are 1 point, new threads are 2.

They can be "spent" here: http://nikonites.com/vbshop.php

Don - that's actually not right, I have to fix that since someone at vBulletin forgot to change it.

Tags, in this case, are entered below the editor when making a new thread.

As the chart says posts are 1 point, new threads are 2.

They can be "spent" here: http://nikonites.com/vbshop.php

I will have to check that out. I just Googled tags and vBulletin and got that info. I still like the look that it gives though.

So just when creating a new thread and not posts.

Found it.

tags.JPG

Last edited:

WhiteLight

Tags are like keywords.
Just to help in the search process... You tag a picture of a lake as lake. When I search for 'lake' voila! Your pic appears cos you tagged it as lake :)

Sent from my Incredible S using Tapatalk 2