Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM for D5100

RHHROCKET

I'm buying this lens, about 1 yr. old and in 9/10 condition to use mostly for scenics. The price in Canada is around $550-600 retail, and I'm able to get this for $200. Is this a no-brainer ? Can any one give me their opinion of this lens ?

RHHROCKET

Thanks, Jack. I've read tons of info and reviews on this ( mostly favorable ) but just curious if any one is using it and could offer some real world opinions or advice. ........cheers !

RHHROCKET

Thanks Eduard....Glad to know you like it. .......I guess I'll finish reading all the reviews and info about it ( and over-thinking ) and get on with it........picking it up tomorrow; will let you know my opinion soon.
Cheers !

RockyNH_RIP

Just got it 1 hr.ago...........wow; great build quality and solid........will let you know more after shooting a few.

Just wanted to follow up now that you have had a chance to use it, how do you like it?? Saisfied with the quality?? How is the autofocus???

I really want something wider (dx) than my 18-55 kit lens. I have been looking at the sigma as a possibility.. What I was seeing was at f/3.5?????

Pat in NH

RHHROCKET

Very happy with it; good auto-focus and IQ. Found that I didn't really have much use for it, however, and decided to sell it to another person who would get much more use and enjoyment from it. Overall a good lens, considering the low price I paid for it.

RockyNH_RIP

Thank you for the reply!! Even though you sold it, was glad to hear your thoughts! I am going to be looking for something for wide view scenery (more than my 18mm) and also buildings etc..

Apprecciate your input, now if I can just find one at that prICE!! :rolleyes:

Pat in NH