White Sands. . .again

ohkphoto

Snow White
I started from scratch with the black and whites of white sands, used more Nik software rather than lightroom for the noise. Critique would be appreciated.

whitesandsBW-1.jpg

Best Regards

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I love the composition and capture! Great detail in the sand. I think I would lighten the sky up a notch as my first impression was that the image was "top heavy".

I'd have to respectfully disagree with the lighten up the sky - it really adds to the mood of the shot. If I were to do anything differently to this shot, I'd probably add a LITTLE bit of structure to the sand - perhaps 7-9% or so.
It would bring out just a little more of the sand "waves" detail.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Thank you all for the feedback. Can't tell you enough how much it helps.

Bill, who is "we" (Libby doesn't know anything about it)? We'd like to come. what are the details?

Best Regards

Merc

I really like this shot. If it were mine, i would be tempted to bring out a bit more detail in the sand and crop part of the sky, making it a Panoramic. Just my thoughts.

Ruidoso Bill

Thank you all for the feedback. Can't tell you enough how much it helps.

Bill, who is "we" (Libby doesn't know anything about it)? We'd like to come. what are the details?

Best Regards

I know Teddy and Sheri, it"s open to whole group, moon should be out! I will make sure I post it on Facebook