Food for thought

So me and my friend have been talking and I thought I would ask the question hear.

Nikon 1 or Coolpix A what would you get?

That is sort of like asking should I buy a Ford Truck or a Chevy Volt.

Apples and oranges.

What is your budget? What do you plan on doing with the camera? Long built in zoom or multiple interchangeable lenses.

Figure that out first.

Also why limit to Nikon 1 or Coolpix? DSLR is another choice.

Airman123

I was just asking the question I do not have the money to buy either of them but as a small easy to take anywhere camera what would people get.

There are also many different CoolPix cameras.

I shoot the D5100 but I bought my wife a CoolPix L120. She loves it. I like to change lenses, fiddle with button and knobs and do lots of post processing. She likes to take pictures. WE both get good pictures.

Which one would you want. Money not an object?

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
As others have said, use the right tool for the job. If you need the capabilities of a SLR, then wait until you can afford one (be it new or used). I can't bring my SLR with me all the time for work but I can usually find room for a mirrorless. But when I can't even bring that, I'll usually have a small Canon P&S that can shoot RAW.

Airman123

I think I would go with the Nikon 1 V2 because of being able to change lenses but I still do not like the sensor size of the Nikon 1. Although I like the idea of putting the new 800mm on the V2 with its crop factor of 2.7.

OK I have been hearing about this Coolpix A...is it an APC whatever sensor in a fixed lens body? Like 24/2.8 or something?

[h=3]Nikon Coolpix A key specifications[/h]
  • 16.2MP 'DX' format CMOS sensor
  • 18.5mm (28mm equivalent) F2.8 lens
  • ISO 100-6400 (with 12,800 and 25,600 equivalent extension settings)
  • 3.0" 920k dot LCD
  • 14-bit uncompressed NEF Raw shooting capability
  • Up to 4fps continuous shooting
  • 1080p movies at 24, 25 or 30fps
  • i-TTL compatible hotshoe

$1,099.99

Eye-level

Banned
Cool...a digital fixed lens mirrorless with a smallblock sensor...$1000??? BIG BUCKS!!!

Give me a black one and would be the perfect street shooter.

They missed though...it needs a F mount.

It is coming soon folks!!! hahaha