Hey From Florida

Airman123

Hey just found this forum and already love it. I am starting to develop my skills as a photographer and I am hoping that this forum will help me do that.

Airman123

Got my camera info up now. My uncles hand me down D200 but I love the rugged beast of a camera. I also just ordered a MB-D200 and I will be getting it Monday.

Last edited:

fotojack

Welcome to the forums, Airman. And hey....nothing wrong with a D200! I happen to have one and I love it! :) And yes, it's gripped, too. You'll see a big difference in the balance and heft when you get yours. Have fun taking pics. :)

Airman123

8553293704_80da4a2db5_b.jpg

What lens should I get for the D200, just as a general lens fotojack.

Airman123

I have the DX 18-135 f/3.5-5.6G ED and I really do not know what I want to shoot yet but I am thinking more nature photography but I am also looking for something that won't brake the bank I do not have a lot of money right now.

I have the DX 18-135 f/3.5-5.6G ED and I really do not know what I want to shoot yet but I am thinking more nature photography but I am also looking for something that won't brake the bank I do not have a lot of money right now.

I would just stick with what you have now. It is a good lens and will serve you well. Get used to it and learn a lot more about photography before you spend any money at all. You will see what you want if anything after a few 1000 photos.

Everyone here has an opinion on what is best but only you can know for yourself.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod

If money is tight I'd start with a prime. 35mm 1.8 or for even less money the 50 1.8 D would be a great start. But beware, Lens Acquisition Syndrome can break your bank account. :)