D3000 won't read SD card

NICK2491

Hi one and all...I've recently got hold of a D3000 which doesn't read the SD card - I have a fixed price quote of £80 to have it fixed and returned, but there are some services on eBay for CF slot camera repairs for around the £25 mark. I can't find one yet that covers Sd slot repairs. Has anyone got any knowledge of SD slot repairs cheaper than the £80 mark? Thanks muchly...Nick

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Welcome to the site!

It doesn't read any SD card? Have you tried another? When you put the card in, does it click in?

theregsy

Have you tried formatting the card as a FAT format in a PC as if the card has been formatted elsewhere it may not be seen. Had this one with a Fuji S2 pro :)
Good luck

NICK2491

I'm trying to plan ahead, it's won on eBay and in the post and at present I'm going off the description - plan A is try other cards, reformat etc, and if that works I'll be laughing for days, but this is planning for plan B!And thank you for the help, btw!

Last edited:

Patrick M

Is the problem with all SD cards? If so, then I'd suggest sending the camera to Nikon for repairs.
I did that here in the UK and they were pretty efficient and not much more expensive than a retailer..,.in fact I went to Nikon HQ for a camera course, and an engineer told me the retailers just sent them the camera/lenses anyway.

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

theregsy

Hope plan A works, I know a while ago I got a D40 for £75 put lens, card and battery in it and it worked a treat, listed as unworking not tested :) sold it for £200, can't complain :)