D300 fell into the bucket of water

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
ouch. I hope you had insruance on it, otherwise you're pretty much looking at buying a new camera. I would take it to an authorized repair center to see if anything can be done.

Attachments

• DSC_0161.jpg
    DSC_0161.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,401

KWJams

Pull the battery out close and the hatch, remove the lens and put cover on and place it in a big bag of rice for a few days and maybe the "I dropped my cell phone into the toliet trick" will work on your camera as well.

AC016

This post is over two years old folks. OP has long since moved on. As a matter of fact, her last activity was on April 12, 2010.

Bukitimah

Being electronic, 1st thing is to remove the battery and try to shake out all the water. Next is to dry it with a dry cloth. Then follow by blowing dry under low heat with a hair dryer. If you don't know how to open the parts, just remove the lens and the cover for cards and battery. Let it dry out under the sun. Still unable to safe it, send it to the agent service center. I usually have mine sling but I took it off to mount on the tripod. Then I took it down but forgotten I have removed the sling clip from the camera. I almost let go and drop the camera! Likely, at the very last moment, I didn't feel any support to the camera weight as I was releasing and caught hold of the camera. So, I will sling it even if I am mounting on a tripod from now.