New Member from California here, with a bit of a problem...

Diego Valdez

Hey guys, new member from California! Really liking the looks of the place. Hope this doesn't go against the rules, but I actually have a bit of a pressing issue that I could really use some help with...I bought a Nikon J1 last summer and neglected to buy an SD card along with it. Ended up borrowing one from my brother (16 gb) to record some video footage, which ended up glitchy when I transferred it over to my computer. Chunks of footage were missing, what was there would freeze occasionally, the audio was out of sync, and I'd get some green flashes every now and then. A few months later, after having picked up a new (4gb) SD card, I attempted to record some more with my camera, and upon going over to my computer for a transfer, I found files were missing. What could be the issue? Any ideas?

Diego Valdez

I'm not absolutely positive on that, but the second one used was a 2 gb, not a 4. I'm assuming they weren't super fast, but I doubt they were very slow. Middle of the road, possibly?

EDIT: The 2gb was a toshiba, if it helps at all. The second was a sandisk, either class 4 or 10.

Last edited:

fotojack

If using the card for video, may I suggest you use the highest class card you can buy, which is, at present, the Class 10. I would also suggest a 16GB or higher card for video. For photos, it's not as important, but use a Class 6 or higher. and go with a Sandisk, Kingston or Lexar brand. Anything else, you're just taking a chance with.