D600 paired with the 55-200?

vanlifevlog

Hey guys, thanks for checking my post. I recently purchased the D600 with the 16-35 and love the setup. However, Im looking to add a zoom to my camera just incase I may need it on the road. Has anyone had any experience with the 55-200 on their D600? On fredmiranda.com it seems to be a great lens for the price. Also, I shoot 90% of my shots wide, I just want this incase I am in Alaska and may need to get a few bear pics! :cool:

Chris

BackdoorArts

The 55-200mm is a good lens, but a DX lens and therefore would turn your 24MP D600 into a 10MP camera. IQ will be very good for the image size, but unless you have a line on one really cheap I would look elsewhere.

Put another way, if you're spending the money to go to Alaska, get a lens that will compliment both the trip and the camera. If you want to shoot bears, I would recommend getting a full frame lens that stretches to at least 300mm. The Nikon 28-300mm would be a better fit if you want something that will cover a wide range of uses and still be able to stretch to those limits.