Allow others to edit your photos toggle

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Under the General Settings you'll find a setting that will indicate to others that you do not want them to edit and repost your photos. It will not prevent them from saving your photos, but it will put a little 'Ok' or 'NOT Ok' to edit photos under your username in posts.

Right now everyone is set to yes, so if you do not wish for others to edit your photos, go ahead and change the setting :)

Rexer John

Excellent, I read that someone left this forum very angry after someone adjusted one of their photos and reposted to help show how they could be better.

Nice to know you are not stepping on toes if the user has left the setting to allow photo edits.

RockyNH_RIP

Under the General Settings you'll find a setting that will indicate to others that you do not want them to edit and repost your photos. It will not prevent them from saving your photos, but it will put a little 'Ok' or 'NOT Ok' to edit photos under your username in posts.

Right now everyone is set to yes, so if you do not wish for others to edit your photos, go ahead and change the setting :)

John, good idea... just helps to prevent issues!

Pat in NH

BackdoorArts

I read that someone left this forum very angry after someone adjusted one of their photos and reposted to help show how they could be better.

Yeah, that's one of those grey areas where, if it's not in the critique section, I always thing 5 times about. But as they say "A picture's worth 1000 words", but too often the words that go with the edited picture don't provide proper editorialization.

Anything that allows the photo posted better control over their photos is OK in my book.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Glad everyone likes this! I'm also glad that it wasn't very hard to do :)

Awesome good addition John. You know I might even begin to "like you" :)

I give site features and you let me borrow cameras/lenses, okay? Deal ;)

Roy1961

Contributor
the only problem i would have if someone edited my photo with Lightroom or elements is it would improve the photo and i would have to buy the program.

the only problem i would have if someone edited my photo with Lightroom or elements is it would improve the photo and i would have to buy the program.

That is my problem. I see people's photos that were made with the same camera and theirs look better / different and I have to know why. ColorEfex Pro was my latest. I am still playing with it.