Sakura trees

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Just wanted to share these pictures that I took 3/9/13 in Miurakaigan just south west of Tokyo. They are in full bloom already and they attract a lot of people. Can't blame them.

Sakura with mustard and their yellow flowers bloomed in sequence. Very interesting combination.

For your viewing pleasure.

Fuji X10 Sakura 004 by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Fuji X10 Sakura 009 by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Sakura 108 by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Sakura 065 by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Sakura 046 by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Sakura 043 by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Sakura 059 by gqtuazon, on Flickr

That's all folks!

Rexer John

Air pollution I guess, not anywhere near as bad as China but any country making products for the world has pollution problems.

Japan is beautiful, no wonder the Japanese are so keen on photography.

EDIT: Well I always thought it was pollution as with China but an internet search says it's not pollution.

It is a common misconception among foreigners who come to Japan that the people wearing white cotton face masks on the streets are sheltering from pollution. In fact, they are usually performing a public service by trying to keep their cold germs to themselves.

Last edited:

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Wow! those are beautiful!

Thanks Rick.

face masks, flu/cold or pollen? Shot any mustard blooms?

Hi Ron. With these flowers in full bloom, there are a lot of people who are also suffering allergies due to the pollen which also includes my wife and daughter. I assure you that the air around us very clean unlike the air in mainland China.

Here is a picture of the mustard flower.

Mustard flower by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Honey Bee by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Last edited:

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Air pollution I guess, not anywhere near as bad as China but any country making products for the world has pollution problems.

Japan is beautiful, no wonder the Japanese are so keen on photography.

EDIT: Well I always thought it was pollution as with China but an internet search says it's not pollution.

The quote that you found is accurate. It is more of a courtesy on not to spread any cold or any potential germs to the public.

nikonpup

thanks for the mustard bloom, bee is great. To me it's funny to see the mustard plants grown as a flower, as a kid on a farm they where a weed to be removed.

Michael J.

Did I mention it that this thread is full of awesome photos? No? So I am going to do it now: "I like those photos a lot. They give me such a happy feeling and I am walking along the street and the smell riches mt nose. WOW.