All in a day's work.............

STM

Victoria is a new model I just started working with today. She was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. I have not shot on a rooftop in a while and had kind of forgotten about all the potentially vexing backgrounds!

D700, 180mm f/2.8 ED-IF AIS with an 8x ND filter and fill flash

VCH_0122_zps9c5565f4.jpg

VCH_0121_zps26efdc08.jpg

Last edited:

STM

I agree, Nice everything..., except the background is a bit distracting and disecting?

It is a bit, but you have to work with what you have. I had to position her like this because of where the sun was. I needed the sun behind her so there would not be any bad shadows and also to rim light her some. I could probably have cloned out the entire wall but that would take forever and I am basically lazy. If I was getting paid $500 and image, it would be gone in a New Yawk minute

Last edited:

STM

There is a background?

The funniest thing was that she got changed into this in a Waffle House bathroom. Needless to say she got a lot of gawks. If this had not been our first shoot and she was more comfortable with me, she could have changed on the top of this parking garage. If they have much experience, most models have come to accept that on location shoots they are going to have to get changed in public and often in front of people. Maybe next time.

Last edited:

crycocyon

Nice, is the exposure on the first one more than on the second? Background seems fine, gives it an industrial feel which goes with her outfit. I would tend to want to overexpose a bit because she's dark wearing dark and the background is light.

Also, how about getting her to lie down on her side on the white surface and shoot down to her a bit....