d3200 shooting delay in aperture prio and flash mode

wee

hello, i noticed that when i set the camera to A-prio or S-prio and pop-up the flash, there is a couple of seconds delay after i have fully depressed the shutter button and the actual shutter click of the camera. i also noticed that there is no such delay in the full-auto mode with flash. is this normal? is there a way to get around this delay? thanks.

Last edited:
you can set a delay in the menu I suggest you check it out..full auto is what it says Nikon programmed it ...in all other modes you are in control via the menu.

wee

actually, my intention is to get rid of the delay that occurs between the pressing of the shutter button and the actual click of the shutter while on A-prio/S-prio with a popped-out flash. i want the shutter to click the instant i press the shutter button.

unfortunately, i cannot find or locate the 'delay' in the menu.

think you got the self timer set to ON in Spanner Y menu .... thats so you can press the button and walk to the front of the camera etc...

wee

its frustrating, really. i can't do a jump shot on low light conditions. can't synchronize the jump with the camera's click and flash. :(

mine is perfect ..instantaneous

Its a problem with the release mode ..right hand side of screen second button up ..set it for continuous.....

RockyNH_RIP

It could be an auto focus delay if it is lower light or negligible contrast. If AF is on there is a setting in menu (I think) to delay till focus achieved or not. (of course, if not, you will affect your picture...

You can test that real quick just by putting you lens on Manual Focus.

Pat in NH

wee

you have a d3200 pistnbroke, have you never had any issues when setting the camera to S-prio, pop the built-in flash up, and experience a delay between the pressing the shutter release button and the actual clicking of the shutter?

wee

well, i'll be....
finally figured it out. thanks for your ideas mates. the delay was caused by setting the flash to 'red-eye'. setting it to ordinary flash mode got rid of the delay.
:D