D7000 and yellow/green display..

alfaholic

Banned
Hello everyone...

I just got my new D7000, and I have strange display color, my photos and menus looks a little bit yellow, or green.
All photos are looking good in the computer and Lightroom, just overall my display is warmer than it should.

Can someone tell me what is all about, I read some people have this problem with their, D700, D800, D4, and D7000?
Nikon sais it is not a fault...

Well I cannot find anything in the menu to adjust the display other than a brightness control ..mine is at normal..
You may like to check the picture control settings and up the sharpness to +6 as this improves the display image and the jpeg output ( contrast at -1 is a good idea too )

alfaholic

Banned
They just call me back, they never had any issues regarding display calibration, or display color. :confused:
My photos are looking good, so I just need to give them the camera for testing so they can evaluate is it within normal parameters.

Here is a good example what I see, on the left side is how my D7000 looks, and on the right is how I see my old D3100:

Nikon-D800-green-cast-LCD-screen.jpg

is not a big deal, just not so realistic as I used to...

Last edited:

Epoc

Personally, that wouldn't really bother me. Granted it looks a little greenish, but I only use the screen for checking composition and maybe a quick zoom in to check a photos focus looks ok.

alfaholic

Banned
I agree. Just wanted to check is everything ok with my camera.
Now, I like warmer photos, so this looks jsut as I see it in my head, and later in LR. :)

BackdoorArts

Just curious, pop the card out of the D7000 and stick it in the D3100 (or vice versa - assuming you still have it) and see if the same image appears different in the opposite camera.

Dave_W

The Dude
This is a known bug for the D7000's but I can't remember if it can be fixed by installing the latest software patch or you need to return it to Nikon. Either way, it's fixable.

alfaholic

Banned
I do not have D3100 anymore.

My computer screen is calibrated, and all photos are normal, NEF or JPG.
This picture is from the internet, but this is how my D7000 display looks.

I have the latest firmware, but I will check it again.
It is not a big deal, just wonder how they can have so many "faulty" cameras out there...

alfaholic

Banned
OK, here is the best example of what I see on my display:

Both photos are taken with WB to AUTO, but Left one is with M1, B2.
Left looks realistic on my camera, but it is the oposite on calibrated computer screen, Right is realistic, and Left is a little bit cold.

If you want to see on your screen the same what I see on my camera, imagine that Left is the right one, and Right is the one I see on my camera.
Not so bad, but still I can see it...

Attachments

• Edited.jpg
    Edited.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 124
  • Original.jpg
    Original.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 110

alfaholic

Banned
Strange.. Color space was at sRGB, but with Adobe RGB everything is a little bit better I think... :confused:

I usually edit my photos in Lightroom, what is the best option for Color Space?

kar1

My screen is slightly off White. Like yours with yellow/green tinge. I had to plug it straight into the pc at first to check. But the images are fine. Mine was new a few days ago.

alfaholic

Banned
Just go to Nikon service and let them replace your display, or replace the camera with another one.
But first check the new one, some people said they got the same yellowish screen on all D7000 in the store...