Price for used D3?

BillG

I am new to this site, but I was looking for suggestions. My 15 year old daughter is into Photography, so I bought a slightly used D3, she already has a D80, which she loves and it turns out the D3 is to bulky and heavy for her. So what I'm wanting to know is what should I expect to get out of the D3? Some info about the D3,
it's looks like new and it almost is, it only has 964 shutter count, I have with it a Nikkor 14mm 1:2.8 D wide angle lens with the cover and cap also looks new, I also have the duel quick charger plus 2 really nice compact flash memory cards.
I don't know what I should be asking for it? If anyone has a suggestion let me kknow thanks,
Bill G.

BillG

Re: Hi, everyone. I have a question.

I bought it about a month ago and I don't really want to say what I gave for it cause at some point I'm going to sell it.

BillG

That's helps, this one really looks like I just took it out of the box, do you guys think that I should sell the lens with the camera or by itself?

Sambr

I bought it about a month ago and I don't really want to say what I gave for it cause at some point I'm going to sell it.

Sounds a little too kinky for me. However if you paid over $2500.00,you paid at the "top end" of the market value.

pedroj

Are you trying to make money out of it or what...You know what you paid for it that has to be a starting point....What's the serial number....

STM

I will take it off your hands for $150. Best deal in town..........and i also have a bridge for sale too!

Look at Fleabay and get a feel for prices. If the thing is near new you should be able to get around $2000 to $3000 for it.

Last edited:

pedroj

Post up an image taken with it...I would like to see what that combo produces...

fotojack

It would be nice to know where you're from, Bill. Prices vary all over the country.....depending what country you're in. You don't give a lot of details, so ...pretty hard to give you any help. Best advice....ask at a local camera shop what they'd be willing to pay for it. With such a low shutter count, I'd bet you'd get more than you paid for it.

BackdoorArts

And this is why you don't ask the "how much is it worth?" question on a forum you've never been to.

Like anything, the answer is "it depends on the specifics of what you have" coupled with "are you looking to make money turning it around?". If the main thing is to get your money back, tack 10-15% on top of what you paid as negotiating room, and have at it. If you got it for a song, adjust that percentage a little higher.

You used the internet to find this place, save yourself the headache of a thread like this and use it to find "Used D3 Low Shutter Count" and do some quick averaging. Between eBay, Amazon, Fred Miranda and Craigslist there's got to be a pile of prices that will allow you ballpark a price for yourself. Heck you found that one somewhere, right? If it was a store, take it back and see if they'll give you an even trade on something else.

BillG

I live in Indiana. And I did take it to Roberts, they offered me $2100 for the camera, I know they need room to make money when they resell it. I checked the SS# through Nikon and everything was fine, it was bought through an Authorized dealer and had no other history. I post using my iPhone so I not sure how to get picture taken with the D3 on here.