watermarks??

dutchie

Not sure where I should pot this but here goes.
I am still very new to photography but after one of my pics was plucked from my facebook page I thought I should start marking my pics.
My question is this
What program do you guys use to make your watermark image.
I use picassa and paintshop pro x4.
Im not sure how to create the image that I want to use for my water mark.

can I make in in paintshop or picassa?
sorry for the totally noob question.

Thanks a lot,
Chris

BackdoorArts

I add my watermark as I export out of Lightroom. Others use a brush with their watermark in Photoshop. Once set up both are very easy. I'm sure there are easy and hard ways to do it in those programs, but I know neither so can't help you there.

Just be aware, Facebook has its own idea on what they can do with images posted there regardless of watermark, and it's constantly evolving. I've stopped posting anything other than what I would consider personal snapshots over there and will instead link to photo sets on Flickr if there is other work I want people to see.

stmv

congrats,, nice to have something that someone else wants!

first try to keep file sizes down to 360K or so,,, useless except for computer screen,

The trouble I have with watermarks, is that if you put them in the corner in a way to be non intrusive, then well easy to clone out,, and well if you make it so prevasive to be ugly, well then just plain ugly.

So,, I don't give permission for people to steal my pictures, but recognize that is the way it is in today's world, and I understand that when posting up on the web.

I have all sources and proof on who created the photo, so if ANYONE gets rich off one of my pictures,, I'll claim all their money (hahaha, as if).

I post my pictures for people to enjoy, maybe discuss, sometimes paint, etc, and yes, nice when people ask permission.

Heck,, for a small fee, I'll print,, and send ..grins.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Every picture that I upload to the web has my signature on it. I use a layer with text and I make it for every photo. This enables me to use a color and layer style that will blend in with the image and won't distract too much. I save this as photoshop file so if I ever want to print I can go back and just turn off that layer. I don't find it takes much time and find I can be more creative with my signature when I use this method.