My first timelapse

Scott Murray

Here is a timelapse that I did the other night, it was for around 1hr and all processed within the D800 except the wave sounds and title which was added in imovie. Wasn't a bad first attempt, but not being able to edit the photos left it a bit bland. Maybe next time I will go later and use longer exposures.

BackdoorArts

It's stitched together nicely, but I find the movement of the people on the bridge too distracting. Same with the occasional wave spatter.

Could you not apply a synchronized edit to all the images before stitching them together?

Scott Murray

It's stitched together nicely, but I find the movement of the people on the bridge too distracting. Same with the occasional wave spatter.

Could you not apply a synchronized edit to all the images before stitching them together?
All the images were edited in camera using the timelapse feature, I was amazed at how quickly it did it. I am thinking next time I will just do an interval shoot and edit in PS or light room using a batch process. This was just an experiment and maybe something I will do around the camp fire while I am in Africa.

PapaST

A neat effect might be the egg timer timelapse but your D800 setup might be too heavy. I've tried it a couple of times and it adds a cool dynamic to an otherwise static timelapse.