White Sands NM

ohkphoto

Snow White
Thanks for your comments, Mark. I did not use a tripod because of all the lightning in the area . . . was afraid that I couldn't get it put up fast enough. I did use the top of my truck to brace the camera. I used the 70-300 mm 2.8 nikkor --love that lens --I use a D2X also, but I will never give up my D200.

This is actually a composite of 4 images (HDR) --I'm still experimenting --don't want them to look like they're HDR, but wanted the "extremes" in the exposures.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Thank you, Joseph, Oz, Mark and JDEG . . . I so much appreciate your comments. I thought the first one was pretty good, but I stared at it so long, I kind of lost perspective. The two black and whites bothered me a little, and your comments validated my gut feeling. I love black and white, but it's a little tougher for me to get the effect I want.

For anyone who has not posted any photos in the critique section, I just want to encourage you to do so. It really helps you to stay or get back on track. I have learned so much from my colleagues just from the comments and suggestions I received.

Thanks, all.

Best Regards