Hello From Upstate New York

JoeB

Just found this site this morning and after looking around, was very impressed with both the content and people, decided to join. I have been "learning" photography for many years and still have a lot to learn. I retired 4 years ago and keep busy with my hobbies, grandsons and honey-do-list.:friendly_wink:

RockyNH_RIP

Welcome to Nikonites... You will find some fellow NY state folks... enjoy and look forward to sahring our hobby with you. I have only been learning for about about 5 months... great folks here to help!

Pat in NH

Alan

Welcome to the site Joe...Once upon a time I lived in the cities of Buffalo, Watertown and Rochester. Sometime I miss NY.

Dave_W

The Dude
Welcome Joe! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work here on Nikonites.

And now that I think about it, there's a lot of members that live in and around NY but I'm not seeing any images of the finger-lakes region. I know if I were in that part of the country I would be hitting that area hard! I spent some time up there in the late 80's and thought it was one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.

JoeB

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. As I said in my first post, this site seems to have a great group of people on it and I am sure that I am going to enjoy interacting and learning from everyone. I will be posting some of my photos in the near future in hopes of improving my work.

fotojack

How are ya, Joe? Glad you could join us here at Nikonites. Looking forward to seeing some of your shots. In the meantime, have fun and join in on the conversations. :)

piperbarb

Hi Joe, and welcome. I am another upstate New Yorker. I live about 7 miles west of Binghamton. You'll find a lot of very nice, helpful people here.

JoeB

Thank you Piperbarb and BackdoorHippie for the warm welcome. Still trying to get use to the web site, doing a lot of looking around.