Sevilla's Plaza de España HDR

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I was moving some images around between computers, and found an HDR that I never processed from our trip to Spain. We were there in the middle of the day and I wanted to try to capture the detail in the tile. I don't normally go for such a strong HDR effect but I think it works on this image. Is it too strong? Comments welcome.

EXIF: D300, Sigma 10-20 @ 14mm, ISO 200, Aperture Priority f/9.0, 9 bracket exposure, handheld, processed in Photomatix Pro, border created on export from LR4

Plaza de España.jpg

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't think it is too strong. The processing does a good job of featuring the scene.

Rick M

I like the look, but I'd back off enough to get a more natural looking sky around the trees. I think that "halo?" effect is the hardest thing to deal with in HDR. I really like the perspective and colors!

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I like the look, but I'd back off enough to get a more natural looking sky around the trees. I think that "halo?" effect is the hardest thing to deal with in HDR. I really like the perspective and colors!

Great feedback. . . I'll play around with it later while watching the Blackhawks game!!

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod

Great feedback. . . I'll play around with it later while watching the Blackhawks game!!

Decided not to wait. . . rather than running it through Photomatix again, I thought I would take the center image and see what Topaz Adjust could do. I go for a while without using it and then, wow!

Screen Shot 2013-03-03 at 10.35.38 AM.jpg

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod

I reworked it with Photomatix. . . still a little bit of halo effect but I'm very happy with the result.

Plaza de España.jpg

STM

I was moving some images around between computers, and found an HDR that I never processed from our trip to Spain. We were there in the middle of the day and I wanted to try to capture the detail in the tile. I don't normally go for such a strong HDR effect but I think it works on this image. Is it too strong? Comments welcome.

EXIF: D300, Sigma 10-20 @ 14mm, ISO 200, Aperture Priority f/9.0, 9 bracket exposure, handheld, processed in Photomatix Pro, border created on export from LR4

View attachment 29016

There is no doubt about it, HDR, when done right, can take an ordinary scene and make it extraordinary!