D7100 Sample Images

BackdoorArts

For the curious, Nikon France has D7100 samples up on Flickr, with viewable/downloadable 6000x4000 jpgs.

Nikon D7100 - a set on Flickr

Nice, but I don't know that I'm blown away. Definitely doesn't touch the IQ of an FX, but it's at least as good as the D7000 with perhaps a little better noise reduction in the night shot. No idea how much post-processing was done but obviously some (needless tilt-shift applied to some - why?!).

Scott Murray

The dynamic range seems pretty impressive although I have not had the D7000, the tilt shift I have no clue why they would do that and at f/10 to f/16???

BackdoorArts

It looks an awful lot like postprocessing tiltshift that tried to make the photos a little more interesting. I'd just like to see the sharpness at that dof.

It's also tough to guess just how much of the dynamic range was captured in post as well, but it had to be there in the first place, right? The D7000 is certainly capable of that.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
It looks an awful lot like postprocessing tiltshift that tried to make the photos a little more interesting. I'd just like to see the sharpness at that dof.

It's also tough to guess just how much of the dynamic range was captured in post as well, but it had to be there in the first place, right? The D7000 is certainly capable of that.

And so is the D600 and D700.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
At some point, the mega pixel race reminds me of Mc Donald's SUPERSIZE. We want them but not necessarily need them.