Help! I reset my D300 and now have a slight problem...

In Focus

When I insert an image into a email the image is tiny. That same RAW file is OK in PS? I must have changed some function when I reset my D300 custom shooting banks.

Thanks in advance for your expertise.

BackdoorArts

Sounds like your jpeg options are set so that they are the smallest possible image size. Should be an option to set it in the Shooting menu.

fotojack

Yup, Jake is right. In your camera menu list, under Shooting Menu, look for Image Size and reset to Medium or Large, as you prefer. Just remember....in Large, you get less pictures. I set mine to Medium. Still big enough and I get more shots per memory card.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I think you might have a setting the has been changed in your email program more than in the camera.

Are you with win or Mac?

Epoc

I'm with Marcel. It's your email client not your camera. If your using Windows Live mail, try adding the image as an attachment instead of insert image.

In Focus

I just checked my shooting banks. A & B are set to RAW but the "Image Size" is greyed out. In banks C & D the image size is active even though D is set to RAW????

Last edited:

In Focus

I only have a photo insertion problem with the images captured since I reset my shooting banks. Older images insert into the message box A-OK. back to SQ 1.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Ah, maybe I found it. You say Raw… Are you trying to send a Raw file? Then maybe the email program is just taking the thumb jpeg produced by the camera to be displayed in the camera's LCD and sending that one. Try converting to jpeg before sending and see what happens.

Please let us know.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I just checked my shooting banks. A & B are set to RAW but the "Image Size" is greyed out. In banks C & D the image size is active even though D is set to RAW????

Are you really sure that you don't have Raw+jpeg in bank D?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Glad I could help. I really enjoy finding cause to problems. I guess my job got me to be a troubleshooter.