pc firmware

dorobo18jp

Is there any firmware for the d7000 so i can just edit it on my pc and then have the camera update it of save it on my sd card?

Thanks all

BackdoorArts

Are you talking about tweaking it yourself and then uploading it to the camera, or just being able to download it and then apply it? I wouldn't recommend the first thing. The latter can certainly be done. There's a sticky thread at the top of this forum with the latest firmware information and an explanation of how to do precisely that.

dorobo18jp

Actually I wanted to do the 1st i want to make setting for portrait night landscape action save to either my pc or to sd card and use when needed . i thought there was a pc program where i can tweek everything and then load it to the sd card and use when needed.. sorry if i sound lazy lol but i figure it would be an easy way to fine tune everything.

BackdoorArts

There are two User settings on the mode dial that you can use to save those settings. Setting those is explained in your manual. The only other option that I know of is a tethered connection to you PC. Neither of those is what I'd consider "Firmware".

LouCioccio

No. What I did was save the settings on two different sd cards (they don't have to be large 1GB or 2GB) and you can save those setting. I did one for Portrait and the other for Landscape. The down side is Nikon gives a default filename rather than have the user give it a name like Portrait.xxx. You would think they could have done as they allow you to change other things with their alpha numeric software keyboard in the menu.
Anyway I put a small tag on each card and flipped the lock button so I can't accidentally write to it.

Then you can load them to U1 and U2 it does work.

Ciao,
Lou Cioccio