Nikon MB-D14 grip

Helitech

Just like the title says... Looking for a genuine nikon grip for my new D600... Anyone buy one then end up figuring out they prefer shooting without it? Let me know how much shipped via USPS priority to 96306... Will only buy from people in the US... Thanks!

Mark F

Re: WTB: Nikon MB-D14 grip

Dont settle for a 3rd party grip either... I had one and it worked for about 2 days and then the d600 wouldnt recognize it anymore. Returned it and paid the extra money to get Nikon OEM and it works flawlessly.
3rd party grips worked ok with my d300s and D7000, but for some reason its a 50/50 chance with the d600

Helitech

I've always used nikon branded grips... I like the 5 year warranty, and the quality of the build is evident so I really didn't mind the cost

Drew Wat

Not true about the third party grips. I just picked one up a month ago for my D600 and it works great. No issues at all. paid $88.00 including two batteries so I got the batteries or grip for free ( depending on how you look at it). The grip looks and feels exactly the same as the Nikon grip. Could have actually been made in the same plant just threw a Nikon sticker on one and not the other. I have had them side by side and can see and feel no difference. Not like the old days when the grip housed a motor for driving the camera. This is just a single battery housing (not even duel like for my D80) and electronic connections for a couple of switches. I am a Nikon fan but something like this I feel does not justify the prices that Nikon is asking for it. Unless you actually take the camera off the grip you can not tell the difference.

Last edited:

Mark F

Consider yourself lucky then. There have been tons of reports stating that the 3rd party grip for the d600 has caused problems in the electronic connector.
Ive had 3rd party meike grips on a d300s a d700 a d7000... All worked flawless and as you stated, looks identical. So, when I got a d600 I went ahead and got another grip. Took two days before the symptoms started. Replaced it with another one... Same story. Maybe it's a bad lot... And time will solve it. But for now, I have the genuine nikon and have had 0 problems

Drew Wat

Most likely a bad batch and it does happen. I have had what could be called bad batches in other electronic devices too but that doesn't mean I condemn all the similar products. I am sure that Nikon grips have had bad batch's as most everything does come from China now and mass production does have its problems. Like I said lots of the same products come from the same plants just labeled different for different purchasers. Happens all the time.

Helitech

Who made your grip??? I know most (if not all)out there are molded plastic instead of magnesium framed... I just can't bring myself to trust a molded plastic grip attached to my D600, attached to my tripod... I'd rather spend money on the OEM nikon grip... I have tried the third parties for the D600 but for the D90 and D7000 there was a huge difference in feel and overall quality

Drew Wat

All I can see on the grip is " Vertical battery grip BG-2K for Nikon D600" and in the bottom right corner "CE ( recycling insigna) FC RoHs made in china" Like I said it works great and looks and feels identical to the Nikon one they are selling in the store here.