Eye Cup

marcelt

Hi guys, does anyone know where you can get an extended eye cup so i don,t leave marks on my main screen? My cheeks or nose always leaves smudges on the screen.

Johnathan Aulabaugh

I have a hoodeye and took it off my D7000 because I also have a grip and am often switching between horiz and vert framing. The hoodeye does what it says very well BUT I just got tired of moving the eye piece each time.

nikonpup

i use a hoodman on d5100 and d600, i have a problem reading the info in the viewfinder on bright sunny days, the hoodman fixed that.

stix

...also have the HoodEye (glasses model). Wasn't sure if I'd like it but was pleasantly surprised. Made it much easier to focus on night shots.

Johnathan Aulabaugh

I have the HoodEye on my D200, and it works just fine. I never take it off the camera.

So you have yours on your 200 which is gripped. I removed mine cause I got tired of switching between landscape and portrait shooting. It is odd to shoot with it without turning it with the orientation your shooting

marcelt

I would like a hood eye that's round and protrude from the camera so I don,t leave smudge marks from my cheeks on the camera screen ?

Keoki

I just received a hoodeye H-EYEN 22S for my d600. I can't get it to fit. It's too tight. I watched the video and he easily slid it right into place, but I can't even force it on. I called Hoodman and they said it's really really tight in the beginning but loosens up. I'm afraid it I'm able to force it on, I won't be able to get the darn thing off again. Anyone else try this?

nikonpup

yes. Look at you old eyepiece you will see there is no lip at the bottom like on the hoodman.
The 1 st time i had a very hard time getting the eyepiece on and off. I filed down the lip at the bottom, which for me made it easier to get it on and off. I have almost no lip left but it still takes some pressure to get the hood on.

slugger

I agree. It was difficult to get on at first, but after maybe 2 minutes of trying, I pushed hard. It snapped right into place. You just need to apply a little force. First, you need to line up the sides of the hoodeye mount to your viewfinder. Keep it at a tilt and then apply pressure downwards and it will snap into place. It's also easy to take off, just push forward toward your camera so the hoodeye is at an angle. Then just pull upwards. Good luck! :)