Nourah*

Good morning \ afternoon

I have a problem with my camera " D5000 " i broke my lens accidently
And i think about buying a new lens or upgraded to D7100 or wait for D400

i dont know what to do
if theres any romur about the D400 i'll buy a cheep lens
but if there's not help me a high price lens or a D7100

BackdoorArts

Everything I've read about the D7100 suggests it may be the flagship of the DX line, which would mean no D400. It's almost too soon for a D400 rumor with the D7100 not even shipping yet. No real answer for you, but I suspect it will be some time before there's another high end DX. Glass is always good if you're happy with the D5000, but the D7100 looks to be a heck of a camera.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Get a lens. Get the best lens you can afford for now and when the new body D-XXX that you want hits the store near you, then you go and buy it if you can afford it. New models will always be rumored, but until you actually have it in your possession, the picture that will be are not.

Rick M

How much do you want to spend? A good lens now will be an investment to use on your next body. D400, somewhere between 3 months to never. Buy a great lens and the D7100 now :)

bigal1000

Get a lens. Get the best lens you can afford for now and when the new body D-XXX that you want hits the store near you, then you go and buy it if you can afford it. New models will always be rumored, but until you actually have it in your possession, the picture that will be are not.
+1 get some really good glass,there may not be a D400,we will see though.

Last edited: