AF 70-210 f4 arrived

Pierro

This bad boy slipped thru my letterbox today, and the seller was right, its mint. Original hard case and original brochure supplied too

Had a quick preliminary shoot to check it over out of my rather filthy balcony window ( too cold to open it, so shot thru the dirt :cool:

All pics were ISO 800 as its incredibly dull again today - Britian at its finest. All Spot Metered, all @ F4, all hand held

All had Zero PP in RAW.
All opened in ACR then immediately exported to CS5. Zero PP in CS5. Full pics were simply resized for forum, 100% crops were taken from original size

CLICK PHOTO FOR LARGE SIZES

1st
@70mm - 1/400th

2ziu5bt.jpg

2nd
@70mm 100% crop of above

k9dtmd.jpg

3rd
@210mm - 1/400th

34eyfqo.jpg

4th
210mm - 100% crop of above

111nm2w.jpg

I have to say i'm very impressed with the reso. and the sharpness. I'm a happy camper :cool:

Pierro

What made you sell yours ?

I was really surprised at the IQ wide open, as many lenses, even top lenses, can be soft until you at least stop down 1

The sharpness is fabulous, as borne out by the last photo, the top right hand text in the last 100% crop " No Drugs are .... " etc Those words are tiny when viewed
from my window, as can be seen in the first photo. This medical unit is 128ft away, measured on google earth