Lighthouse

Oz1

A shot of the Key Biscayne Lighthouse in Infrared converted to B&W with Nik FX Pro.

Nikon D70s Infrared converted
18-70mm @55mm
F8
1/640
ISO 200
Hand held

Attachments

• d70s3.jpg
    d70s3.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 159

lgabrick

Wow, I love how the palm trees stand out so white. You did a great job, It is a very dramatic picture in the black and white. It almost looks like it is night.

Browncoat

I think the composition is good...but I'm not digging the B&W conversion at all. There's black and there's white, and not a whole lot in between. It's as if most of the tonal range has been lost, because to me at least, the clouds appear to have the same value as the palm trees. It's also difficult to make out the outline of the lighthouse against the sky.

In addition, I think a tighter crop would make for a more impressive image. Perhaps trimming some off the top and on the bottom, just short of the base of the nearest tree.

goz63

I agree with part of the above critique but not all. I do like the B&W. The stark contrast is dramatic to me. Very cut and dry in the photo. I would crop out some of the foreground though. It would focus the attention closer to the light house. Some of that is lost due to the monochromatic view and the top of the light house is dark. Over all I like this picture a lot. Nicely done.