105mm 2.8 AFD

Drew Wat

After close consideration I found an older 105 and am having it brought in to my local camera store to have a look at it. Anyone own one of these and have any advice on what to look for in this lens or things to watch out for?

Last edited:

Drew Wat

Thanks for the tips. It is coming from a reputable chain of stores ( inter store transfer) but it is a used lens all the same.

Drew Wat

Received the call today that the lens came in on an earlier shipment than expected. Went to have a look and it looks brand new not a mark on it. Nothing loose , no fungus or scratches, no squeaky noises. Had it on a D800 to play with it for a bit and can find nothing wrong with it at all. I am very impressed. Looking forward to hitting Butchart Gardens with this on the first nice day. Am looking at a ring flash too but that is another post.

Drew Wat

Ok I have had some time playing with the new lens. ( I need to figure out how to post pictures here ) To say that I am impressed would be an understatement. I am loving this lens. It is just blowing me away as to how close and clear everything is at 1ft away .