come on 7100 slot

Have to test it out first ( at UK focus exhibiton 3 march) Wedding photography is about profit not buying equipment so if its better may well purchase but the 24 mp D3200 is not better than my D7000 but it is a lot quieter ..as I shoot everything at at least F8 the lack of anti halazing filter may not help me... ..then of course I need 2 and whats the second hand price of a D7000 going to drop to ??

stmv

bravo Nikon,, It does not have the flip screen, ok by me,, but I do admit I like it on my 5100, but I think it would have thrown off the controls, and this way they get to keep the say body design as the 7000,

Kudos on the new sensor without the anti-alias,, this definitely takes it up a notch in my eyes, It will be really interesting to read real results from this sensor.

and 51 focus points!

I have not read if the bracket depth has been increased .

Price point right at the 1200.

Should be a winner, and Please NIKON GET YOUR QUALITY CONTROL RIGHT THIS TIME!! weary of all the bad press each new camera seems to get..

wait for it, wait for it.. oh no oil, oh no back focus, or no,, left focus off, .. let's hope not. This camera deserves an unblemished release.

KWJams

If I owned a D7000 I would be really bummed out!

They fixed all the the chronic problems while vastly improving the platform --- and made the value of a D7000 plummet to that of a paper weight.

AC016

Nikon certainly kept this one underground. More megapixels, newest processor and better AF system. However, i think they could have squeezed out 1 or 2 more FPS. To a certain degree, i feel the same way about this as i did about the 5200: yawn! But hey, what else could they possibly do right!? The only thing that really gets my attention, is the AF system - as it did on the 5200. More MPs and a newer processor will most likely only excite pixel peepers. But of course, in the end, it will deliver better IQ. I am curious to see if there is going to be a noticeable difference without cropping the hell out of a photo. Now, it only makes me wonder where the heck does Nikon go after this? We have a new 5200, 7100 and of course the D600 and D800... what can they possibly do to make a such a better camera to follow this line up?? Again, i think it is all going to come down to very slight differences/upgrades that people are going to buy into, becasue they think it will give them vastly superior images. Oh well. Let this be a release without negative press to follow.

stmv

If I owned a D7000 I would be really bummed out!

They fixed all the the chronic problems while vastly improving the platform --- and made the value of a D7000 plummet to that of a paper weight.

If you believe that, than Nikon has succeeded, I own a 7000, and no,, not that bummed... just glad to see Nikon continue to up the ante. I doupt if there is like magical difference, but if it helps out Nikon SLRs sales, great.

Price of the used 7000s,, I would guess 650-750, and throw in say a 18x55 lens, and I bet it can still hit 800. Used camera prices go down pretty slowly, but what really helps the D7000 or any of the other lower in DX cameras is that the prices are new prices are already pretty reasonable, so the room to go down is not as much,, not like the orignal D600s which people bought at say 2200 dollars or so.

I predict in 4 years,, D600 used prices will be around 1000-1200 range (now that would be a nice used camera to pick up some time).

mmm,, I wonder how long until a D600e comes out soon with the filter.

I think Canon needs to up its game to keep up with Nikon's momentum.

KWJams

If you believe that, than Nikon has succeeded, I own a 7000, and no,, not that bummed... just glad to see Nikon continue to up the ante. I doupt if there is like magical difference, but if it helps out Nikon SLRs sales, great.

Price of the used 7000s,, I would guess 650-750, and throw in say a 18x55 lens, and I bet it can still hit 800. Used camera prices go down pretty slowly, but what really helps the D7000 or any of the other lower in DX cameras is that the prices are new prices are already pretty reasonable, so the room to go down is not as much,, not like the orignal D600s which people bought at say 2200 dollars or so.

I predict in 4 years,, D600 used prices will be around 1000-1200 range (now that would be a nice used camera to pick up some time).

mmm,, I wonder how long until a D600e comes out soon with the filter.

I think Canon needs to up its game to keep up with Nikon's momentum.

Not saying they are bad cameras and I am not faulting them for making a better product. I am just saying that in all honesty -- if in say five years from now you were new to DSLR's and wanted to buy a decent used camera and the choices were a used D7000 or a used D7100.
Would the decision be that hard to make between the two? Same goes for the D5000 to the D5200.

stmv

the compression is slight, 5 years from now.. wow,, the gear will be ancient,, let's see, a 7100 is 1200 dollars now,, will stay in production for say 2-3 years,, so,, it would be maybe 2 years out by then,, so.. would guess the price would be around 700-800 dollars by then..

now, the 7000 would be close to 8 years old by then,, and yet the price will still be around 500 dollars. Sure,, not as high as 7100, but for a 8 year old camera, not bad,,

go look what a used D90 still goes for. So, I would not worry if you are a D7000 owner, enjoy until ready to sell, or even keep as a nice backup.

On the 7100 vs the 7000, The D7000 is already really sharp, so,, it will be interesting for real
world comparisons,, those will be fun to watch.. but I suspect it will be like comparing the D800 and D800e, yes the D800e is slightly sharper but hardly visible.

These cameras have gotten so great, it is really become obtuse in their differences.

Course, anyone that wants to dump their D7000 for say 400 dollars :), send me an note.