Howdy from OKlahoma

joefoto

Just a word to say hello and thanks for having an open site. I know I have a lot to learn but I will ask questions and submit work for critiques. Hope to meet more of you as time goes on.

Joe

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi Joe! Tell us a bit more about yourself by filling out your profile page. You'll find the folks here are pretty friendly and engaging.

joefoto

Eduard, thanks for the note and pointing out that there are profile pages. I noticed that you have an interest in HDR from looking at your gallery. I have begun to do a little HDR; so far I really like the depth it brings to the 2 dimensional image and adds quite a lot of interest in simple landscapes. How about adding specific photographic interests as a category on the profile. Or, maybe just the forum threads suffice. Time will tell. Joe

Last edited:

Joseph Bautsch

Hello Joe and welcome to the Nikonites Community. As you can see people around here respond to your posts to help even when you don't know you need it. I see you have an interest in HDR. What program are you using to assemble the shots? You will find the D90 bracketing does a good job and makes it easy.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm still "playing" with HDR and have a lot to learn. Look at this thread and you'll see what I mean. :eek:

That isn't a bad idea about interests on the profile. Send jdeg a PM and suggest it!

Curt

Welcome Joe, from Canada. I hope you enjoy the site. As others have said great people here, very helpful and great photos posted.

joefoto

Hi, Joseph. I'm using Photomatix to assemble my HDR images. It does a surprisingly good job, even on JPEGs. I still need to take the time to really understand the D90's bracketing abilities and controls. We are heading to Arkansas and Missouri for a couple of days in late October, so I am hoping to get some good foliage shots for HDR processing. I'll post the results. Joe

Joseph Bautsch

Joe - I use the Photomatix Pro plugin for Aperture 3 to work my HDR shots. It does a really good job. The bracketing on the D90 seems daunting at first but once you see how it works, it's really quite simple. The biggest problem I have with it is remembering to turn it off when I'm finished shooting. If you want to see some Photomatix HDR work, go to my Gallery. All of the water fall, sunrise and sunset shots are HDR. Also the double rainbow, morning fog, and the lighthouse shot are HDR. I think the lighthouse shot came out really well in HDR. I'm still getting surprised at what works and what does not work in HDR. I'm still developing an eye for seeing the HDR shot before I take it. Would definitely enjoy seeing some of your shots from Arkansas and Missouri.

Ruidoso Bill

Hello Joe and welcome to Nikonites, I hope you find the site interesting, useful and enjoyable. I also have been playing with HDR and have used the free Picturenaut program.

Last edited:

ohkphoto

Snow White
Hi, Joe and welcome to the forum! You're in my neck of the woods . . .ALMOST the southwest!
This is a great bunch of folks here. Jump in and start posting . . . lots of help and ideas here.
Looking forward to seeing your photos . . .

Best Regards