Tethering or streaming video set-up?

AdvancedAmateur

Hello!

I need help/ opinion/ advice with software set-up for a studio photo-shoot. Here is an overview:

1. Photographer in the studio doing a product photoshoot in a City;
2. Client A and Graphic Designer in the same City but different office;
3. Client B in entirely different city and country.

Client A, Graphic Designer and Client B would like to have live view of the photo-shoot and see the images the Photographer does, just like when you do in-studio tethering. How to make this possible? All parties have access to Internet.

I thought about live streaming video but am hoping there is some sort of software (PS plug-in?) that does it.

Thank you!

§am

Not giving this much thought, but...
As an example, the photographer takes a picture, the Eye-Fi card sends it to a PC, which uploads the pictures to a Dropbox type share, and the clients and designer just downloads pictures from there

STM

Honestly, I have never come across a situation where the client wants to see the shoot in real time. Is this actually something you will be faced with? In the good old golden days of film, if you shot transparencies, which most clients wanted, there was a lag between getting the slides processed and either proof sheets made or sending the slides to the client. Granted, the digital "revolution" has changed things quite a bit, but still, in real time?

AdvancedAmateur

Not giving this much thought, but...
As an example, the photographer takes a picture, the Eye-Fi card sends it to a PC, which uploads the pictures to a Dropbox type share, and the clients and designer just downloads pictures from there

Thanks. Eye-Fi cards are not used in professional photography as far as I know (not yet). But I like the idea and will keep it for future reference.

AdvancedAmateur

Honestly, I have never come across a situation where the client wants to see the shoot in real time. Is this actually something you will be faced with? In the good old golden days of film, if you shot transparencies, which most clients wanted, there was a lag between getting the slides processed and either proof sheets made or sending the slides to the client. Granted, the digital "revolution" has changed things quite a bit, but still, in real time?

Well, I have it as described... I, fortunately, am not the Photographer in this case for simple reasons of being in a different location from everyone else. However, I have to connect everyone - find a solution.

The good olden days of transparencies and film are gone - can't help it...No "lag" between processing and sending images to the client. For some reason I think that "real-time" will become a norm soon, because digital changes things very quickly.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I think the D-4 can do this. I did see a demo and the live view could be shared on a website.