Don's Old Daily Dabblings

I guess since I am retired and now have my D5100 in hand I have no excuse for not shooting more.
Not sure I will shoot every day but this will be my home for my Daily Dabblings.

Last edited:
Re: Don's Daily Dabblings

Here is a quick shot just to start it off.

flag.jpg

Loved the flag against the blue sky

Last edited:

Very grey day today. No sun and solid overcast but I did not let that stop me. Here they are;

hide.jpg
Think I can hide in this tree?

peak a boo.jpg
You can't see me

red car.jpg
This shot begged me to try select color with my D5100

Last edited:

Trip to the Zoo today
D5100_00066.jpg
Just hanging out
D5100_00068.jpg
Handbag in the making

D5100_00088.jpg

D5100_00122_02.jpg
JDEG having a Nikonites Staff Meeting
D5100_00134.jpg
Wish this grass was longer
D5100_00145.JPG

D5100_00164.jpg

Last edited:

Also I tried out my IPhone GPS tracker app. You start it when you start out on your photo trip. It logs your position either every 30 seconds or every 5 minutes and logs it. When you are through shooting it generates a QR code and you take a picture of it and it is downloaded in the same folder as your pictures. There is a small desktop app that you run on that folder and it look at the QR code and the time stamps and puts the GPS info on every photo file. Pretty cool app.
Here is a screen shot of my zoo trip today
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361477666.841911.jpg

I can't believe no one made a comment about #4 on the zoo pictures. You got to pay attention guys & gals.

I also did my first print from the D5100. Shot with the 55 - 200 zoom which I have never been completely satisfied with when it comes to sharpness. Well I have changed my mind. I printed a full frame at 11 x 17 of an elephant and you could see detail in every wrinkle on his body. Tack sharp. My D3100 never came close to this level. I am sold on the D5100.