Uploaded photos showing as links instead of imbedded in msg

BackdoorArts

What browser are you using? I've had that happen with Firefox. If I double-click on the attachment and choose a display format (medium - left) they appear. Didn't used to be like that.

piperbarb

For me, when I click on the attachment link, I get the following message, "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator."

It does not matter whether I am using Firefox or Safari (I'm running Mac OS X, 10.7.5) or Firefox on Ubuntu Linux 12.04.2.

dervari

Yes the little picture in the menu. It's worked before. And, the pictures are showing up fine in TapaTalk.

Strange...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Yes the little picture in the menu. It's worked before. And, the pictures are showing up fine in TapaTalk.

Strange...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, it is strange. I know that this morning I think I tried to make my attachment full size and the window froze on me. I had to close and re-open the page. It's done that to me a few times, but was doing it less often since last week.

Maybe John was doing maintenance while you were trying to upload… He's the one who could answer your question since he knows this site a lot more than me.

You could try to delete your post and repost just to see.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
There are two things that could have happened:
  1. The photo was uploaded originally in another thread and then the thread was copied to another thread
  2. The photo failed on upload but didn't correctly report that it failed.

#2 is more likely - Try doing edit > go advanced > under the editor choose manage attachments. Is the photo there? If not, try uploading again.