Buffalo Creek Lightning Darwin Northern Territory

Scott Murray

Well I got out of bed at 0330am this morning and dragged myself down to the beach, here are a few lightning shots that I managed to get.

Lightning Buffalo Creek_-3.jpg
Lightning Buffalo Creek_-4.jpg
CameraNikon D800
Exposure13
Aperturef/7.1
Focal Length80 mm
ISO Speed100
Lightning Buffalo Creek_-16.jpg
CameraNikon D800
Exposure15
Aperturef/8.0
Focal Length80 mm
ISO Speed50
Lightning Buffalo Creek_-26.jpg

Last edited:

Scott Murray

If you're gonna drag yourself out of bed that early it's nice to come back with something.
Haha yes it is :) apparently the newspaper up here is considering publishing a photo in tomorrows paper.
This was my first real attempt at lightning photography. I know the basics but am pleased with these.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
The second one is the one I prefer. But they are all great. The last one looks a little different, was it getting close to dawn and the color of the clouds changed?

Scott Murray

The second one is the one I prefer. But they are all great. The last one looks a little different, was it getting close to dawn and the color of the clouds changed?
Dawn was approaching and I also switched from the 80-400mm to the 16-35mm as there was less ground lightning and more sheet lightning.

shskr

I agree with the rest. Those are some great shots. Hopefully one day I'll get up early enough to capture incredible shots like that.

Sent via Galaxy Tab 2 using tapatalk HD