Converting from .mov to .wmv?

snowshu

Hi Everyone,

I'm a new user of the D7000. I did several videos and loaded the videos from my d7000 to my PC using ViewNX2. When viewing my videos with ViewNX2 I have sound, but when I run Windows Live Movie Maker on the same video, I get video, but no sound. Do I have to convert my .mov file output from ViewNX2 to .wmv format to get sound when running WLMM? If so, what do you guys use to convert .mov to .wmv?

Thanks for any help!

Snowshu

Read more: http://nikonites.com/groups/nikon-d...ive-movie-maker-no-sound-video/#ixzz2LGn8KCWv

Epoc

I just did a quick test for you with my D7000 and Movie Maker. The sound works perfect as I thought it would. The files are simply QuickTime files. Movie Maker is fully compatible with this type of file. When you say you have no sound, is this after you have performed some editing or simply when you import the files and play them? What happens if you simply double-click the files straight off the memory card? They should open in Windows Media Player. Can you hear the audio then?

Last edited:

snowshu

I want to thank everyone for their assistance. I ended up going with the AVS software that Sandpatch had recommened and it now works fine. I converted the video file from .mov to .wmv format and now have uploaded the video to Facebook with the sound included. When I ran the video with ViewNX2 it worked fine with both video and sound, but when I tried to run it with Windows Live Movie Maker I would lose the sound. By converting from .mov to .wmv I am now able to run with a variety of software with video and sound. WLMM didn't seem to like the .mov format. Thanks again to everyone who helped me solve my problem!

Snowshu

Epoc

I think an even easier solution would of been to update your QuickTime to the latest version. But you have found a workaround so that's good.

Peter-R

The Nikon Movie Editor which comes with View Nx2 is what I use. It is pretty powerful and it is free.
So do I. But, to the eternal shame of Messrs Nikon, you are stuck with .mov files and these will not work on many people's computers. Such movies are not suitable for general use until converted.

aroy

So do I. But, to the eternal shame of Messrs Nikon, you are stuck with .mov files and these will not work on many people's computers. Such movies are not suitable for general use until converted.

I had not noticed that as all my devices play that. I also tried "Handbrake" another free software which is even more powerful and exports to a lot of movie formats. That was when I exported to MP4 and a few other formats. The reason I now use Nikon is that it serves my purpose, but if I want more control while processing then Handbrake is the way to go.
https://handbrake.fr/