When less is more

STM

Unlike stuff in the studio, on location shots I always strive for simplicity. I took this image during a modeling photoshoot about a year or year and a half or so ago. We got out to the beach very early, before sun up, to get some sunrise stuff. Well as luck would have it, it turned out to be overcast that morning so no sunrise stuff. It was also a little foggy. But then again, I love shooting in overcast because the light is soft and diffused. I had Megan walk about 100 feet away from me and then slowly walk toward me, while I started shooting when I liked what I saw. I used a D700 and a 180mm f/2.8 ED AIS, my most favorite portait lens for location because I can throw the background way out of focus very easily. It is also sharp as a razor. The fog also lent a feeling of "airiness" to the scene.

MeganB_zpsa8d08722.jpg

Last edited:

RockyNH_RIP

Unlike stuff in the studio, on location shots I always strive for simplicity. I took this image during a modeling photoshoot about a year or year and a half or so ago. We got out to the beach very early, before sun up, to get some sunrise stuff. Well as luck would have it, it turned out to be overcast that morning so no sunrise stuff. It was also a little foggy. But then again, I love shooting in overcast because the light is soft and diffused. I had Megan walk about 100 feet away from me and then slowly walk toward me, while I started shooting when I liked what I saw. I used a D700 and a 180mm f/2.8 ED AIS, my most favorite portait lens for location because I can throw the background way out of focus very easily. It is also sharp as a razor. The fog also lent a feeling of "airiness" to the scene.

Very nicely done photo... she isolates so well from the background with the bokeh & fog... simple but elegant!

Pat in NH