New With D3200

JayPark

Hi all, I just started using my D3200 and I'm having some issues. I want to go to live view but a message keeps pop up saying, "Cannot start live view at current settings or under current conditions." I also want to go to playback, but another error message pops up and says, "Playback not currently available." Any advice on how to fix these issues will be helpful. Thanks.

Mike150

Hi Jay. Welcome
You give us very little to go on. I don't have the 3200, but I downloaded the manual. (First rule, read the manual). I found a reference to "Unable to start Live View" which is indicating that the camera internal circuits are getting too warm. I can find nothing on Playback not available. Are you doing a lot of Video and trying to view them? Does the problem go away if you let the camera sit for a bit? That's about all I can come up with at this time.

JayPark

Sorry for not giving enough information. I have read the manual to figure out what's wrong with the camera, but I haven't found anything to help me. I'm trying to shoot a video for a school project, but I haven't been able to mainly because I haven't been able to go to live view. The area where I'm trying to shoot in is in my room, low light, only light is coming from my window. All I've been doing with my camera is taking pictures to see if I can go to the playback menu and change aperture settings to let more light through the camera. I've let the camera sit for about an hour, but the problem hasn't gone away.

JayPark

I already have done that. I also have tried using guide to go to live view, but the camera keeps stating that I can't because of current settings/conditions.

Mike150

Maybe we should ask if this has previously worked? If so, I think I would try resetting the shooting menu (pg. 127 and 128 of the manual). It that doesn't cure it, I guess the next step would be to contact Nikon.

JayPark

I have figured out the problem. There was a little plug called Nikon WU-1a that prevented me from accessing playback and live view. I can't believe I didn't notice this before. I really appreciated the help guys! Sorry for wasting your guys' time!

Last edited:

Mike150

It's not a waste of time. The important thing is you got the problem fixed. If you would please take a few minutes to fill in your profile info.

NFA Fabrication

I have figured out the problem. There was a little plug called Nikon WU-1a that prevented me from accessing playback and live view. I can't believe I didn't notice this before. I really appreciated the help guys! Sorry for wasting your guys' time!

I was reading through the thread to see if this was mentioned. The only time I see that message is when my WU-1A is still plugged in, because they expect you to be using an external device for your live view feed.

NFA Fabrication

It's not a waste of time. The important thing is you got the problem fixed. If you would please take a few minutes to fill in your profile info.

I am also assuming it is someone else's camera and he may not be familiar with it, because he had a WU-1A plugged in and didn't know what it was: "There was a little plug called Nikon WU-1a that prevented me from accessing playback and live view"

NFA Fabrication

I just didn't quite understand. It started out: "Hi all, I just started using my D3200 and I'm having some issues..."

And then he had a WU-1A and didn't seem to know what it was. I highly doubt someone purchased and had a WU-1A plugged in to their camera, and did not know what it was. When the story doesn't add up from the original poster, it can make it difficult for other forum members to help out. Either way, glad it was a simple fix.

NFA Fabrication

Yeah sorry about all the confusion. Dad's camera. Also I haven't used a DSLR until now.

It would have been smart of Nikon to prompt the user that the reason was because of the WU-1A being plugged in. I went through this very same thing (New D3200 user myself, only about 3 weeks).

RzPradana

hi everybody, I'm just learning photography for a month. my first camera is my D3200. I do use it just for fun, to capture moment and some photographical activity. yesterday, after i transfered my data to computer, i just safely unpluged my camera like what usually i do but somehow i tried to captured and i felt something wrong on my camera. i tried to see the result and i was unable to check it on the device. and I cant go throught the LV. and its pretty same pop message but I never using the adapter, Nikon WU 1A.
so I beg your time to teach me how to find solution on my camera's problem.thank you :)

sarath

please help me any one.... am having the same problem,,,, whenever i start live view mode or play back mode it says... this is not available under current settings or conditions,,,,, somebody said its the problem with nikon WU- 1A.... i did not understand it... please help me....

my mail id is------ [email protected]------

ManWorkingHere

Thanks much for your post!

I too just bought a D3300 for Christmas. There was an external wireless module I had plugged in and could not figure out why that feature could contribute to keeping me from taking movies.

I mean, after all, my iPhone can take movies with wireless functionality active so why could not my new camera? :)

Thank goodness for the Internet!

M