55mm-300mm test

MwCapel

im just going to say wow!!!

55mm.jpg

300mm.jpg

goz63

Is this a picture you took or a stock off the net. It looks like some great IQ! I am excited to use mine. Bought this instead of the 70-300VRII. So far it looks like a good call for me.

goz63

How is the zoom on your lens? Is it really tight? Mine is not as smooth as I would like. Love the lens though. Really appreciate the extra focal length over the 200.

LensWork

Does this lens have a plastic or metal mount? I've been thinking about getting a inexpensive, lightweight telephoto zoom, but I would only consider this lens if it has a metal mount.

goz63

Yes it has a metal mount. Feels very sturdy as well. It has a new hood design. To attach you snap it on and it has two areas to push in on the sides to release. It does not attach like the typical bayonet style.

MwCapel

How is the zoom on your lens? Is it really tight? Mine is not as smooth as I would like. Love the lens though. Really appreciate the extra focal length over the 200.

it is smooth as it gets in my opinion from using the lens.
yes the extra length is awsome when your in the back of the room and still get the effect of being up frontii i shall be posting some more test photos from an actual event i used it for as a stress test lol

Mike150

This lens is definitely on my wish list, but first I need to convince the money manager at home that I need the lens more than she needs all those new shoes...

I'm having good luck with my 55-200, but just can't get in close enough on some of the long shots.

goz63

Mike,
You are in the same boat as I was. The 55-200 was nice but it just did not have the reach. The 55-300 does and I love it. Again, I highly recommend it for DX cameras. For FX you have to get the 70-300, and that was were I was going until this lens came out. Keep working on her Mike, you will love it.