Lightning and stars

Scott Murray

I got this shot tonight, was hoping for more lightning but unfortunately the storm was too far off.

Small Storm.jpg

ABN Panzer

I Like that shot!
While not a technical reason I love the contrast of the stars and the 'storm' at the bottom of the image.

I haven't had any decent storms around here since I got my camera but had a bunch of Older Lightning shots. Some of my better ones were while shooting Tank Gunnery in Colorado. Actually had a few strikes between the Tanks and the Tower where I was sitting. After that started we had to shut down. 72 tons of metal do not react well to lightning... actually it is more of the crew inside that react poorly to it. :)

Scott Murray

I Like that shot!
While not a technical reason I love the contrast of the stars and the 'storm' at the bottom of the image.

I haven't had any decent storms around here since I got my camera but had a bunch of Older Lightning shots. Some of my better ones were while shooting Tank Gunnery in Colorado. Actually had a few strikes between the Tanks and the Tower where I was sitting. After that started we had to shut down. 72 tons of metal do not react well to lightning... actually it is more of the crew inside that react poorly to it. :)

I had to crop a section from the bottom as the light pollution was bad.

I could imagine sitting in a tank during a lightning storm would be interesting to say the least.