Bad day for my D3100 - RIP

Went to shoot something here at home this morning and dropped my 3100. Battery door popped off and a chunk of the case went in another direction. Holding the battery in it did still work but would really not trust that everything would every quite be right with it even after getting the damage repaired. Would have to have a large section of the case replaced anyway to get it fully functioning and that would probably cost a fortune.
I think I would probably be better of just buying a new body. Maybe a D5100? Good prices on those right not $496 body only.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, I feel sorry for you Don, but, you could consider this opportunity to treat yourself to a retirement gift. Why not make it D7000 while you're at it? :eek:

I picked the D5100. Saw several reviews and comparisons with the D7000 but could not justify the cost difference between the two of them for my use. cameta.com had a great price on the D5100 factory refurbished and it had a full 1 year warranty so really I don't think I can go wrong with it.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I picked the D5100. Saw several reviews and comparisons with the D7000 but could not justify the cost difference between the two of them for my use. cameta.com had a great price on the D5100 factory refurbished and it had a full 1 year warranty so really I don't think I can go wrong with it.

I'm sure you'll be fine with the D5100. I was kind of trying to make you laugh a little, just enough to ease your pain. Because I do know the feeling of looking at an expensive object that crashes to the ground. You feel so powerless and dumb… Well, we live and we learn I guess.

salman_asad

Sad to hear about your D3100... i dropped mine too to devastating effect, my lens and body both broke so had to buy the complete set again. Anyways congrats on your D5100 now! :)