I flipped through my manual a bit and couldn't find an answer to a question ive been

eurotrash

My phone just had a senior moment!!
Very funny on the responses though!:D

Can I use the wireless remote to trigger the shutter in mup mode, or must I use the interval timer to time release a shot in mup mode? :D

MartinCornwall

Can I use the wireless remote to trigger the shutter in mup mode, or must I use the interval timer to time release a shot in mup mode? :D[/QUOTE]

Yes you can use the remote, make sure the mode dial is set to mirror up and that the remote mode is set to mirror up in the menus, first press of the remote raises the mirror, second press activates the shutter. If you are in BULB mode a third press is also required to close the shutter. Hope this helps.

BackdoorArts

Yes you can use the remote, make sure the mode dial is set to mirror up and that the remote mode is set to mirror up in the menus, first press of the remote raises the mirror, second press activates the shutter. If you are in BULB mode a third press is also required to close the shutter. Hope this helps.

This is almost correct. Mode dial must be in remote, not mirror up. As was said, in the Shooting menu set the Remote Control Mode to MirrorUp. First click locks the mirror up, second click is the shutter release.

MartinCornwall

This is almost correct. Mode dial must be in remote, not mirror up. As was said, in the Shooting menu set the Remote Control Mode to MirrorUp. First click locks the mirror up, second click is the shutter release.

Yes thanks for that correction, it's been a long time since I've used the little IR remote. It's just too limited with its 5m distance. I use a RF remote which doesn't matter what the mode dial is on. This lets me fire the camera from upto 300 ft away, much more useful and doesn't require line of site.

eurotrash

Thanks everyone. My ability to be able to read manuals concisely before my eyes start burning and I lose interest is definitely getting worse with age.