Challenge photos

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Now that would be interesting and make the judging much easier for me at least.

So I second this suggestion.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Or maybe we should specify that people post only the picture, no text for the Assignment… Would that be OK?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
i would not like to see the comments go, i think the feedback they provide is important.

Yes, I think it is important. But would it be that bad if we did edit and remove posts that only are comments AFTER the Assignment is closed for judging? You know, that the last Assignment had over 14 pages of posts and we do have to go through them more than once just to have an overlook and make up our call.

Maybe there is no perfect solution, but keep the ideas coming and together we might find the right easier way to do this.

nikonpup

there is a "groups" section with a "view all", something to look at for a place to put the photos. Maybe a challange for admin. :) removing commments after the challenge would be ok with me and it is a pain going thru all the posts to view the photos.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I'll look into this, but I see no immediate way to do it since photos are inserted into threads in various ways.

nikonpup

in "groups" it could be done, i loaded my three entries. A member would need to join the group and then load their photo.

Moab Man

Maybe run the thread where you can put comments and maybe a Monthly Challenge Gallery where just the pictures are uploaded for flipping through.

SkvLTD

I'd actually side with using a group or if there's a way to set up a public album, go that route. Pics are in one big album and comments/pic links in the thread.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
The groups really don't handle pictures well, IMO. Having separate threads with pics and comments would be disjointed - there's no way to link the two properly.

I'll have to think about this some more.

Scott Murray

The groups really don't handle pictures well, IMO. Having separate threads with pics and comments would be disjointed - there's no way to link the two properly.

I'll have to think about this some more.
Can you create a separate gallery for each challenge etc? Or if everyone has Flickr we can create a group for each challenge?

BackdoorArts

There's a Weekly Photo Challenges subcategory under the Gallery with only a single weekly entry under that. Is there a reason why a Monthly Assignment category couldn't be created and then a subcategory for each monthly assignment with the requirement that the photos be loaded here first and then linked, or was there abject failure for some reason the time this was tried back in 2010?