Video on D7000

piperbarb

Since getting my new D7000 on Friday, I have actually played with some video. I'm not a video person but it has been a lot of fun playing with it. Not exactly sure how to deal with the autofocus on it for videos. Anyone have suggestions? Right now, I'm using my cats & spousal unit as subjects.

Photo Joe

Since getting my new D7000 on Friday, I have actually played with some video. I'm not a video person but it has been a lot of fun playing with it. Not exactly sure how to deal with the autofocus on it for videos. Anyone have suggestions? Right now, I'm using my cats & spousal unit as subjects.

There are settings that allow for auto focus tracking of subjects. Maybe this blog that I stumbled upon will help you with some settings. Image Tells Life: Nikon D7000 AF capability Hope that helps a little.

Photo Joe

No problem. The only thing that bugs me is the focus motor noise that the camera's built-in mic picks up. There are plenty of ways around it, but it all depends how serious you ever get into using the camera for video.