Is this normal?

Cowboybillybob1

I just noticed that when I turn my D7000 off the control panel on top of the camera remains on for about 60 or so seconds.

Did I make an inadvertant menu change or is it something I just never noticed in the 10 days I have owned it?

nickt

That sounds weird. I can't think of any setting that would cause this. Is there write activity on the green light on the camera back? If the camera is writing, the top display will stay on until its done. Assuming you are not immediately turning it off right after shooting a burst or a video, I would wonder about trouble with your memory card. When camera is off, try popping out the card(s) and then power back on and off to see how it behaves with no cards installed. Maybe try pulling the battery for a few seconds too. If it shuts down quickly without the cards, reformat in camera and see how it goes.

Cowboybillybob1

Nick, yo da man!!!

I took the cards out started up then shut down. I reinserted cards and reformatted and bada bing it worked like a charm.

I think what I might have done is insert one of the cards while the camera was on.

Super loggical thinking on your part. I owe you one.