Pamela : Glamour - Tulle & Rhinestones

Robert Mitchell

Pamela and I worked on this concept for quite some time and after a practice run with the tulle and a small fan, we finally put it together and recruited our favorite hair stylist, Stacey Ross, to complete the look.

I hope you enjoy these images as much as we enjoyed creating them.

Camera & Lens:
Nikon D700 & Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8

Settings:
All at ISO 100
[1] 70mm, f/8, 1/125s
[2] 43mm, f/7.1, 1/80s
[3] 38mm, f/7.1, 1/80s

Lighting:
Elinchrom Maxilite Reflector [on axis and just above the lens]

[1]
p1424764772-5.jpg

[2]
p1424764788-5.jpg

[3]
p1424764804-5.jpg

Browncoat

While the first is a bit soft around the edges, these are still better than other recent submissions. The lighting here doesn't feel flat, and the colors are vibrant.

Still...why not merge all of these into a single thread to collect them all in one place instead of spamming the forum?

Robert Mitchell

Why have to decided to critique my work and act negatively towards me? If you like I can pick through your work and critique the crap out of it as well.

I teach lighting every day of the week and have had my work critiqued and my teaching skills reviewed by many that know far more than you.

As far as spamming goes, this is the first time anyone has chosen to call me a spammer and that's not my intent. If you feel I'm spamming please take it up with the moderators.

I'm simply sharing my work. I don't post for any other reason other than that. I like to share.

If you think my other submissions have flat lighting then you must be blind. If you're looking at my commercial head shots then perhaps you need to examine the industry and what is in demand.

Flat lighting is used by some of the best head shot photographers around and it's done intentionally.

Sorry if you don't like my work but the negativity you express towards me is just ridiculous.

Browncoat

That turned out as expected. Don't be so sensitive.

As for the threads, it's a mere courtesy to the rest of the community. The first several pages of this forum are filled with Robert Mitchell portraits. Anyone else sharing there work here is drowned in a sea of your work, and it's a disservice to your fellow photographers to seek so much attention by posting a new thread each time you enter a submission.

You will note that members who routinely post photos in other sections have a single thread in which to do so. I'm quite certain that a moderator would be happy to merge threads for you.

RockyNH_RIP

Robert, another impressive job!! Thanks!! I learn something from these every time you post them! Like another responder, #2 strikes me as the best of 3 excellent shots...

Pat in NH

Browncoat

Mr. Mitchell is a fine portrait photographer and there are some excellent examples here. I will be the first to give credit where credit is due.

There is no intended "trouble". I'm certain that Mr. Mitchell, being a professional, is well aware that we are all open to criticism whether we actively seek it or not. I'm certain that Mr. Mitchell, being a professional, has thick enough skin to take my comments with a grain of salt and realize that perhaps he over-reacted when responding to them. I'm certain that Mr. Mitchell, being a professional, also realizes there is some merit to my comments and that they were not intended to detract from the fine work that he does.

And lastly, I'm certain that Mr. Mitchell, being a professional, understands there was no malcontent intended by my comments and that his work is of value to the community.

Lee

I think all three are wonderful :) I am drawn particularly to the first one. I really like the lighting on that one, but the other two are very visually appealing to me too