Really Right Stuff L brackets

kev2033

Hi Guys,

New to this group and first post! Anyway, I just bought a D800 body. previously owned a D200 with the MB-D200 grip. I had the Really Right Stuff L Brackets for both the body alone as well as the body with the grip on it. Want to have the same set up for the D800 but the genuine Nikon grip for the D800 is ridiculously over priced so I am going to buy a knock off at $50 (Meike) and give it a shot.

My question is, does anyone know which RRS L bracket would fit this grip? I am sure I am not the only one with this question. I did call RRS and all they said was "we don't manufacture our plates for 3rd party grips" Not helpful - grrr. At least test it out guys and see which one fits well enough!

okay, hope to hear back from you guys

Thanks!

Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:

kinma

Hi, Kevin.

Congratulations on the new D800! Sadly, I do not know the answer to your question about which RRS L bracket would fit the grip you plan to buy for the D800. I was wondering, though, whether you plan to dispose of the L brackets for your old D200? I am still using a D200 (without a grip) and want to upgrade to the RRS system but can't find an L bracket for the D200. If you have any interest in selling your old RRS L bracket for the D200 without the grip, please let me know.

Thanks!
Katherine

kev2033

I sold my D200 and the grip to a co worker. Since I didn't need the RRS brackets, I included those as well. I can ask that person if they really want that stuff. I had a L bracket for the camera with the grip attached and a regular plate for the camera without the grip (not an L bracket.) You can email me off line if you want to at [email protected].

kinma

Kevin,

Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate the offer to facilitate a possible deal with your co-worker for the RRS plates, but I will pass since what I'm really seeking is the L plate for the D200 without the grip. I'm grateful for the offer of assistance, though.

Best regards,
Katherine

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Hi Guys,

My question is, does anyone know which RRS L bracket would fit this grip? I am sure I am not the only one with this question. I did call RRS and all they said was "we don't manufacture our plates for 3rd party grips" Not helpful - grrr. At least test it out guys and see which one fits well enough!

okay, hope to hear back from you guys

Thanks!

Kevin

I saw this item from amazon.com which is suppose to work with 3rd party grips.

Amazon.com: ProMediaGear L-Bracket for Nikon D800 with MB-D12 Grip: Camera & Photo