Nikon announces new P7000

LensWork

Nikon just announced the new Coolpix P7000 . It looks to be a great P&S for the advanced amateur or pro that wants a high-performance smaller camera to carry when their DSLR is just to big to lug around. I know I want one! I always have a camera with me, but many times my D300/D700 are too big, and the images from my Motorola i1 just aren't good enough. This looks to be the Nikon ticket for a good balance between size/weight/image quality.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Brief comparison of the technical specs between the upcoming Nikon P7000 and Canon G12 on CrunchGear. I'm seriously considering one of them for my walk around camera.

Last edited:

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Anybody using one? I've been reading some pretty mixed reviews surrounding the menus and buffer.

ktfeeney

I'm happy with it. I especially like the lens that comes with it. The 18-105 mm. I also use a 55-300mm Nikon and last night I spent a half hour shooting moon shots. I will check them later. So far, the quality of photo is beyond my other 2 Nikons, the D5000 and P6000. I do miss the tilt screen that the D5000 has but, only for astronomy.

ktfeeney

/Users/ktfeeney/Desktop/SOuth Africa 2010-517.jpg

This is a picture of me that my wife took with the P6000 in Cecil rhodes's garden in Capetown SA.

Kevin

PhotoAV8R

I guess U can't paste in a photo here. Need to improve this web site that way.
When posting, click "Go Advanced". Under the box for text, look for "Manage Attachments".
That's how you can attach photo (Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip) to your post.

Now, having said that, I can't figure out how to make it work, even though I've done it before...

Edit: It wouldn't take a png (even though that's a valid type) but it took a jpg.

Here's a screen shot of your post, attached to this post:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-10-24 at 5.06.24 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-10-24 at 5.06.24 PM.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 322
Last edited: